We’re a team of devoted virtual assistants who love supporting wedding photographers with the admin side of things so they can focus on their expertise.
WORK WITH US
We all know Instagram Reels is a great idea for wedding photographers… but it can be so difficult to muster up the creativity. On top of the many, many hats that professionals wear, adding one more social media marketing channel can feel like too much. As virtual assistants, we 100% get it – some things might feel better to just ignore. But this platform can be a major draw for potential clients.
Instagram has been pushing its video content extra hard while competing with TikTok. The great news for photographers is that these inherently visual platforms make it easy to share how beautiful your work is. However, the bad news: most photographers aren’t shooting much video to accompany their still images.
Since Instagram Reels are being pushed so hard, it only makes sense that wedding photographers would use this to their advantage. It’s time to take control of this extra-tricky algorithm and work with what you’ve got. There are so many ways to entice potential clients, and engage with current ones, using this tool.
One massive benefit to creating these 9:16 videos for your business is that the content is reusable. If you’re designing the videos off-platform, you can easily share to multiple networks. Post to IG, share to TikTok, and even work the clips into your Pinterest schedule. Video content stands out regardless of the social media outlet you’re using, and this gives you a 3-in-1 option.
Our team of VAs for wedding photographers has put together a list of 40+ ideas for Instagram Reels. These will help you start to develop a presence on the platform beyond still images. We always recommend maintaining your grid so you can continue to use it as a social media portfolio. However, adding video content into your feed will totally change the game for your engagement.
It might seem scary to get in front of the camera for this kind of content. The great news is: you don’t always have to! While it’s definitely a great way to build authority, wedding photographers have a lot to work with already. Some of these ideas for Reels and TikTok don’t even involve having video content. You can simply share collections of your photos formatted into a video.
We recommend a few different options when it comes to creating the videos themselves. And, if this all seems too time-consuming… you can always outsource this task. Two of the best apps to develop your IG videos and TikToks are Canva and CapCut. These drag-and-drop services are easy enough for anyone to use and are available on both desktop and mobile.
Let’s go over our top ideas for Instagram Reels for wedding photographers. We’ve developed this list based on a ton of research, and what works well with our own clients. This should be a great jumping-off point for your business marketing strategy.
1. Share behind-the-scenes content from a wedding day
2. Post a video of what it looks like to edit a wedding
3. Record your screen while you retouch something out of the background of a shot
4. Show potential clients what your booking gift looks like
5. Create a reel that shows your equipment preparation process
6. Share outtakes or blooper photos of you working from your second shooter
7. Post your favorite flat lay props for detail photos that you bring to a big day
8. Record what flipping through a physical photo album looks like
9. Show what your office or studio space looks like
10. Create an Instagram Reel for a day in the life of a wedding photographer
11. Share your favorite seasonal decor from different times of year
12. Post highlights from a recent wedding gallery
13. Record an order of physical prints before you ship them to your client
14. Show what it looks like to scroll through a whole wedding gallery
15. Create a video featuring your best low-light wedding photography
16. Share an Instagram Reel of your favorite moments from this season as a wedding photographer
17. Post your favorite sunset shots to convince couples to get some cocktail hour pictures
18. Record behind-the-scenes from a wedding portrait session, then the resulting photos
19. Show the most emotional moments from your recent events
20. Create a video showing shots at your favorite venues to work at
21. Showcase the work of your favorite florist
22. Highlight incredible beauty looks from recent celebrations
23. Make a list of your favorite venues locally and their distinctive features
24. Create Reels based on the work of your favorite planners
25. Share officiants you love to work with (and shots of them stepping out of the way!)
26. With your couple’s permission, share some funny blooper shots
27. Show your favorite late-night snacks from weddings
28. Make an Instagram Reel with tear-jerker moments from first looks, first dances
29. Document any incredibly unique or personal wedding details
30. Share ceremony setups that are non-traditional or out-of-the-box
31. Show comparisons of black-and-white versus full-color images
32. Share a collection of before-and-after retouching shots
33. Use Generative Fill AI to expand your wedding photos and share the results
34. Collect your favorite winter wedding photos for inspiration
35. Make a reel of your favorite party photos from receptions
36. Showcase the before and after of a couple’s reactions to coming up the aisle
37. Display your favorite detail shots from getting ready rooms
38. Use images from your favorite engagement photo shoot locations locally
39. Share your favorite poses for couples
40. Create an Instagram Reel with the best of your candid, unplanned pictures
.41. Explain why couples should (or shouldn’t!) consider doing a first look
42. Share a story of the most unique ceremony you’ve ever captured
43. Talk about your favorite traditions from weddings to document
44. Discuss why (or why not!) you should get your partner a wedding morning gift
45. Show ways to make a wedding more beautiful (ex. Cleaning up the getting ready suite)
Our team of virtual assistants for wedding professionals is here to help make your life easier. Outsource the task of creating Instagram Reels for wedding photographers so you can simply repurpose your video content. Let’s work together to make the best possible marketing content for your small business. Reach out to our team at the Genie VA to make some magic happen.
Note: Since I work in the online space and am running my own business (just like you!), my content may contain affiliate links to products and/or software that I use or recommend. If you click the link and sign up, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you (in fact, you might even get a discount!). Thanks for your support!
Note: Since I work in the online space and am running my own business, my content may contain affiliate links to products and/or software that I use or recommend. If you click the link and sign up, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
HEY I'm HOLLY!
Owner & founder of The Genie VA. A virtual assistant agency for wedding photographers